Monday, September 21, 2015

Techy Tuesday - Planbook

I heart all things Erin Condren.  I love to plan with pencil and paper.  Put the two together, and you have the perfect storm for an Erin Condren teacher planner with all of the bells and whistles.

However, our principal purchased Planbook for our school and wanted us to use it this year.  I resisted.  I dragged my heels.  I didn't want to like it.  I wanted my pretty teacher planner and pretty pens.

But then.  But then I fell in love.  And even though I'm really, deep down, a pen and paper type of girl, I will never go back to pencil and paper planning.  Here's why I love Planbook.

See those standards?  Totally available to automatically insert from a menu.  They have CCSS and my state standards for science and social studies available.  And since we're asked to attach standards to our lessons, this makes it so easy!!  Plus, when I print my plans, I can uncheck the box to print the standard descriptions, so I don't have to see the whole standard written out.  Or, I can uncheck the standard box altogether and not see the standards at all!

See that YouTube link?  Yep, you can put links right in your plans.  Keep your plans pulled up on your computer, and links to anything you need are right at your fingertips!

Same thing here.  See the PowerPoints and pdfs that are on here?  You can upload any type of document, so not only does your administrator see it, but, again, it's at your fingertips and ready to open when you need it.

You can customize your Planbook with templates for different classes.  Since my math lessons tend to follow the same general format - direct instruction, workshop, and closure - I can have the template set up and then fill it in with specifics.

Planbook has a complimentary one month trial, and after that it's only $10 for the year if your school isn't purchasing it.  That is money VERY well spent.

I still use my Erin Condren life planner, and use it as my calendar, to do list tracker, etc., and I don't know how I'd get through life without it.  But for lesson planning?  I'm a Planbook fan!  


No comments:

Post a Comment