Thursday, June 25, 2015

Best. Teacher Bag. Ever.

If you're like me, a few of your thoughts may have already strayed to plans for this coming year.  I definitely had a "Teacher Summer Bucket List," and getting the perfect teacher bag was definitely toward the top of it.  I had used a basic Vera Bradley tote for a while, then graduated to an Initials, Inc. insulated tote, but I knew I wanted something cute, roomy, and with lots of pockets.

I attended a week of training in Nashville early in the summer, and I was stalkerishly checking out everyone's teacher bag.  I even stopped a few to ask how they liked what they were carrying.  Not creepy at all.

So, I was out shopping one night at Nashville's Opry Mills mall, and chanced on the Vera Bradley store there.  And I fell in love with this beauty.
Now, I didn't get this exact print, but the bag style is the same.  It's the Vera Bradley Vera tote, and it is so wonderful.  To start, it has two pockets on the outside.  The one that you see is just a plain pocket, and I keep my phone and keys in it.  Then there's a smaller one with a zipper on the back, and I keep lip balm, lotion, and stuff like that in that one.

But here's the good stuff.

The inside is the perfect size - big enough, but not too big.  For example, today I got my laptop, three notebooks, one file folder of papers, a set of Plickers, my clutch, my Erin Condren life planner, AND a pair of shoes in it (long story), and it still fit comfortably on my arm.  Also, it hangs at just the right length.

What really got me are the pockets on the inside.  There are six, two medium-sized ones and four smaller ones.  I keep pens in one, highlighters in another, tech gadgets in another, one holds my sunglasses - you get the idea.  The one I got has some kind of material on the inside that lets you just wipe it out.  My life has gotten significantly better since I purchased this bag. 

Not really.

But kind of.

While I was at the Vera Bradley store, they were running a 50% off special, so while it normally retails for $86, I snagged it for half that.  If you want to check one out for yourself, you can click here.

Please note that I get absolutely nothing from the folks at Vera Bradley if you get a bag.  They have no idea who I am.  I just adore this bag and wanted to share the love!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I am going to get one for this school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This teacher bag is a looks niche and very simple for user experience. Every one like a simple and its a best. i always try to buy a simple tot bag. if you intarest to know Best teacher bags please come into my personal blog

    ReplyDelete