Wednesday, August 12, 2015

5 Reasons I Love Glue Sponges



Glue sponges, y'all.  They are awesome.  And here is why.

  1. They are cheap.  I made 4, one for each table group, and I spent less than $10 on all of the supplies.  And these will last me ALL YEAR.  I bought 4 plastic containers and 4 large bottles of Elmer's from Wally World and 16 sponges from Dollar Tree.  My containers were a little deep, so it took 2 sponges on the first layer and 2 on the top layer to really fill it up.  I trimmed the sponges to fit.
  2. They are clean.  There has been zero mess.  No kids with glue on their fingers (which is what I kind of thought would happen).  No glue oozing out from behind paper.  No hunks of glue stick buckling the paper.
  3. They work.  The paper is stuck down really well, but not with gobs of glue.  It's not coming off, like it sometimes can with glue stick.
  4. No lost caps.  Self explanatory.
  5. They're just fun!  The kids loving using the glue sponges.  They just take turns and pass them around the table.  I have one responsible for making sure the lid is on good and tight and turning them back in with their tidy tubs when we're done with whatever we're gluing (usually interactive notebooks).
I made mine by following the directions from Kindergarten Smorgasbord in this video.



After a week with our glue sponges, I have to say I am completely smitten.  I don't think I'll ever go back to glue sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment