Thursday, June 4, 2015

Things I'm Loving - Erin Condren Teacher Planner

It's time for Things I'm Loving Thursday!

It's never too soon to start thinking about next year, right?  Right?

Okay, maybe it's just me, but right around the time The Test starts looming my mind turns to room decorations, school supplies, and plans for my next group of kids.  Team that mindset with my love of all things Erin Condren and their Teacher Appreciation Sale, and you had the perfect storm.

So, here's my (current) favorite happy for next year!


Here's my adventure with my new planner, from box to teacher bag.

This is what I found on my doorstep.

Like Stitch Fix, the fun starts as soon as you open the box.  Look at how pretty!

This is what you see as soon as you open the planner.  I love that EC pays attention to the details - even things like the back of the cover.

And the sweet quotes you find throughout.

Holidays and dates to remember are preprinted in here for you - including fun, kid-friendly dates such as Dr. Seuss's birthday.

Then there's a page to track birthdays all year long, which is perfect for me since I'm the world's WORST about remembering birthdays!

An absentee page.  I probably won't use this so much because we keep track of absences online.

There are pages with grid paper, so you can sketch room diagrams and seating arrangements.

Year-long planning.  LOVE.

Lots and lots of pages for notes come before each monthly section.  





Each month has a large, monthly, 2-page calendar spread and a pretty cover page.  These are just a handful of my favorites.

And this is what the monthly calendar looks like.  I don't love that the numbers aren't preprinted, but you have the choice of handwriting them in or purchasing cute little number stickers from EC that fit perfectly.

After the calendars you get a TON of planning pages - which I apparently forgot to photograph.  But they're pretty standard - only prettier with color.

This is a picture of the student checklist pages that come after the planning pages.  You get 7 with your planner, or you can choose an option to add on extras.  I think 7 will be plenty for me, since I'll be using them solely as a checklist, but if you plan on using them for grades, you may want more.  I also like the fact that you can write the student names once, then when you turn the page you can turn the name flap back so you don't have to rewrite all the students' names.


Stickers!  Both preprinted and blank to use as you like.  

This is one of my favorite things in my life planner, because it's where I tuck receipts, notes, and other little things that tend to get lost.  There's a pocket on the front AND on the back of this.

EC always sends fun gift stickers with planner purchases, and they come in this attached zip top bag. Perfect for keeping stamps, pens, paper clips . . . 

The inside of the back . . . 

And the back.

Not getting notepads is the only thing I regret about buying my Life Planner, so I made sure to get them with my Teacher Planner.  So pretty!  The paper is good quality and thick, and the colors are really bright and vibrant.

And see what I mean about detail?  Even the back of the notepad is pretty!  They attach to your planner with those little foam sticky things in the corner.

Now, Erin Condren is a bit of an investment . . . but one that I think is so worth it, particularly if you really enjoy office supplies and organizing stuff.  Plus, it's one of those teacher things that I use every single day, so why not choose one that'll make me happy every time I see it?

There are lots of planner options out there, but if you're a pencil and paper type of person, you need to at least give Erin Condren a look.  

Enjoy your day!

2 comments: