Thursday, April 23, 2015

Technology Thursday - See Saw Portfolios


I'm joining the wonderful ladies over at Teaching Trio for their Tech Thursday link up.

I'm planning on blogging more later about student-led conferences, but for now let me just say that I had students lead their parent conferences for the first time this past school year, and I'll never do it any other way.  I'm totally sold. 

One piece that I wanted to perfect for this coming year was to make sure students had really good portfolios to share.  I was so involved in the planning and logistics of the conferences, that the portfolio part got kind of thrown together at the last minute.  As I thought more about the portfolios, I knew I'd prefer to do an electronic portfolio - it was more seamless, easier to keep up with, and could easily follow students from one grade to the next.  I saw Seesaw pop up on a Facebook page, and was SO excited when I downloaded the app and tried it out!

Here's a video that really does a good job of explaining it.



I am definitely planning on using this next year.  I'll have students archive their work in portfolios, and then they'll share them on iPads with their parents at conference time.  I also love the idea of giving parents access to the portfolios.

How would you use Seesaw in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment