Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Things I'm Loving

It's Testing Season for us.  TCAP starts next week, and I'm feeling the typical stress that goes with this time of the year.  I've learned that a happy or two can make these next couple of weeks more bearable, so I try to treat myself to a few things that make me smile.  

I was at Core Coach training in Knoxville last weekend and made a new friend who introduced me to these babies.  I immediately fell in love, stopped at Target on the way home and got them.  They write smoothly, have a fine tip, and come in pretty colors.  They're my current favorite pens.  (I also have issues with Papermate Flairs and Frixions.)

This happy was a little pricey, but I tell myself it's an investment.  I ordered an Erin Condren life planner this winter, and I absolutely LOVE it.  So, when I saw that Erin Condren teacher goodies are 25% off, I went ahead and ordered next year's planner and got some coordinating notepads (the one thing I regret not ordering with my life planner).  So pretty.

However.  I had thought about redecorating my room - which is kind of nutso, since I did it two years ago and swore I'd never do it again when I was knee deep in lamination, paint, and clothespins - but decided against it.  When I looked around at all I'd have to change - toolbox!  posters!  bulletin boards!  lanterns! - and thought about the 50 million dabs of hot glue I'd have to jackknife off the walls, I decided against it and used that decision to justify the expense of the Erin Condren planner.  It was a difficult decision, particularly with Schoolgirl Style debuting new themes every day, but one I was comfortable with.

Until this.

Mylanta, I love it.  It's beautiful.  It's bright and cheery.  I can use my existing yellow and black stuff and incorporate the teal that came with my room in the form of lockers and floor tiles.  And decorating makes me happy.  Sigh.  But.  I'm going to be crazy busy this summer, gone most of June doing social studies standards training across the state.  I already bought the aforementioned planner, and I need to watch the ole budget.  Plus, I need to spend time this summer doing some curriculum mapping and planning to use Engage NY modules for math.

So.  I registered for the giveaway.  If I win, I'll take it as a sign that I need to do it.  If I don't, I'll take it as a sign that I still need to thing about doing it.  

First world problems, people. 






No comments:

Post a Comment