Monday, July 13, 2015

Books for Batesville

Before I turn in . . . and hand the blog over to our guest blogger for Techy Tuesday tomorrow (fun!!) . . . I want to share this that came across my Facebook feed tonight.

Batesville Elementary School, located in northern Mississippi, suffered a horrible fire recently.  Much of the school was severely damaged, and the kindergarten classrooms were completely destroyed.  I can't imagine what it would be like to rebuild my classroom from scratch.  I mean, it's not just the money that we invest in our classrooms, but the time, energy, and plain ole love that goes into every detail.  These teachers are facing the beginning of the school year with HUGE challenges.  (Insert lesson here for me to quit complaining about ANYTHING as I begin the school year.)

Some Mississippi bloggers have banded together and started a campaign to help these teachers rebuild their classroom libraries.  Click here to go to Doodle Bugs's Facebook post with complete directions on how you can order books and have them delivered right to Batesville Elementary.

If you're like me, there are so many times when I see something awful happen and wish I could do something.  Here's the perfect opportunity to make a difference for some great teachers and their sweet littles.

No comments:

Post a Comment