Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Scoop

It's Sunday . . . and time for The Sunday Scoop with The Teaching Trio!


Let me offer a piece of free advice.  I have heard of people who buy Command strips (you know, the kind that kind of look like Velcro), but they make a mistake and buy the wrong kind.  You see, on the package it is clearly labeled how much weight the strips can hold, but some people don't pay attention to that.  So when they get home, they notice that they have the wrong kind, but they figure that the picture really isn't THAT heavy, so they'll just try and see how it goes.  And the picture hangs just fine!  Then, about 30 minutes later, they are sitting catching up on Real Housewives of OC while simultaneously pinning and they hear a horrendous crash coming from their kid's room.  And when they go in, not only did the Command strips not hold the picture, but on its way down said picture took out two other pictures, a lamp, a laptop, and a jar of colored pencils.  So, I think we can all learn from these people's mistakes and remember to READ AND ABIDE BY the weight limits on Command strip packaging.

You're welcome.

It's hot here.  Y'all.  It is like "walk out and gasp for air" hot.  I don't know if you've experienced West Tennessee summers before, but there's a Southern saying that goes along the lines of, "It's not the heat.  It's the humidity."  And that's really true.  So, hydration is my friend - for me and the plants around here.  

My summer is almost over.  We have TWO WEEKS until the kids will be in our classrooms.  I've had a really incredible summer, but it's been a lot of work, and all of those little "to dos" I'd planned haven't gotten done so much.  So, I'm going to try to clean out some cabinets and drawers and wipe down the cabinets.  I find that doing jobs like that, that I really dread, are SO much easier if I call someone and chat while I'm working.  Anyone else?

And, I'm super happy to blog today!  I'm using a new planner that I've seen a lot of TpT'ers who went to Vegas talk about - I think that Teacherpreneur was gifting copies - and it has tons of pages for planning social media, products, and blogging!  It's available for $5 on TpT here, for those of us who had to live vicariously through Periscope that week.

And . . . that will launch my last full week of summer!  

2 comments:

  1. So sad that our summer is coming to an end... Enjoy it!!!

    Blessings,
    Becky
    CookingUpSuccess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the advice about command strips - too funny! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete